- Out Where the West Begins by Arthur Chapman
- Riders of the Purple Sage by Zane Grey
- Knife River Prodigal by Robert E. Howard
- The Right Eye of the Commander by Bret Harte
- The Holdup by Clarence E. Mulford
- La Perdida by Gertrude Atherton
- The Last Thundersong by John G. Neihardt
- El Dorado by Willa Cather
Illustrators: Al Feldstein, Cynthia Martin, George Sellas, Reno Maniquis, Dan Spiegle, Arnold Arre, Ryan Huna Smith, John Findley
Publisher: Eureka Productions
This latest Graphic Classics volume features westerns. It contains a nice mix of stories, from the comical Knife River Prodigal, to the drama of Riders of the Purple Sage, the Native American The Last Thundersong, and even some Spanish influence in The Right Eye of the Commander and La Perdida.
Each of the artists portrays the stories in their own unique manner. Some choose a more realistic approach, while others use a comic-book style, all perfectly suited to the stories they illustrate.
These Graphic Classics books allow us to read classic literature that we may never have been exposed to be before. I know very little about the western genre, yet I enjoyed reading this compilation of adapted works. If you enjoy westerns, this volume would be a wonderful addition to your collection.
Reviewer: Alice Berger